I think most would agree that it can sometimes be a bit of a headache to read the play by play accounts on the box score pages. It’s especially difficult to keep track of who is currently pitching as you read down the play by play account. Also, you sort of need a little bit of knowledge on whether or not a player is left or right handed.
Now, play by play account viewing is a lot more enjoyable with this new script. Take a look at the features below:
1. Player names are now shaded in blue if they are left handed and pink if they are right handed. Also, I changed the player names into hyperlinks to their player cards.
Note: Some players have the same name so they need to be handled a bit differently. I’ve included hyperlinks for all duplicate names. In the 2010 set, for example, ‘C.Lee’ could be either Cliff Lee or Carlos Lee. So, next to C.Lee you’ll find two links numberered 1 & 2. There’s really no easy way for the script to find exactly which C.Lee is being used in the game so this method will do for now.
2. Clutch situations are now in “dark orange“.
3. When Pitch Count Fatigue level gets below F9 the color changes to red.
4. Ball Park (BPHR/BPOUTS) results appear at the bottom of the play account. This only applies in the 2010 set.
5. Pitcher roll percent totals also appear at the bottom. This only applies in the 2010 set.
The script will currently work with the 2010 and Back to the ’90s player sets. I was hoping to add All-Time Greats VI but that player list is way too large for me to handle right now. Hopefully I can add ATG6 sometime in the near future.